What's all this about then?

This is the story of how I became me. I have no huge life story to tell, I wasn't abused as a child, I have never been raped, I still have both of my parents and I have never been widowed. I have just experienced ups and downs like everyone else.

I always say I don't have any regrets, and I don't. Some of the choices I have made weren't that great, and some of the things I have done I'd rather I hadn't, but all of these experiences have built me into who I am today. I am a kind, generous person, with a genuine compassion and empathy for others. I am outgoing and friendly and believe humour goes a long way. I won't, however take any crap, I hate the social class system and don't believe anyone is any 'better' than anyone else.

So, if you like me now, you have to accept my past, it is what makes me ME.

Monday 13 October 2008

1995 Return to Oz Part IV

By New Year we were at Port Macquarie. Again I went out for the night with a lad I met at the campsite. He was also staying there but knew the area well. I was determind to enjoy the night, but not to do as I had previously. We went out but I didn't drink that much and we actually saw in the New Year sat high up on a cliff beneath a light house at Nobby's point! It was beautiful looking out across the sea and then turnng back to watch the fireworks lighting the skt above the town as 1995 came in. Needless to say I was back at the trusty camper by half twelve!

From here we carried on down the coast and back to Sydney. This journey obviously involved far more than I have written about here. We saw many amazing things and places and I couldn't fit it all in here! We were on the road for three weeks, only stopping in a place for more than one night twice. It felt like we had driven right around the world but of course we only actually covered a tiny piece of Australia!



Anyway, we went back to the youth hostel and spent a few more days in Sydney. My father celebrated his 63rd birthday and I took him out for a meal in Sydney. It was Thai and Cantonese, something my father had never tried before. It was lovely and it felt very special to be able to have him all to myself. So around the end of the first week of January we flew home.

No comments: